Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Only one more week to place your orders!

Some of you have probably heard the fabulous news that there has been a one year stay put on the latest CPSIA legislation. This basically means that makers of children's products will not have to test their items until 2010. While this does not completely lift the burden off of businesses like Mairzey Dotes, it is certainly a major step in the right direction!

So if this is such great news, why do you only have one week to order from Mairzey Dotes?? Well, all of the CPSIA stuff has really made me reflect upon my business, my family, and my life. I need a serious change. You see, the reason I started this business was so I could be home with my kids. But I have realized that while I am home with my kids...I am working way too much! (Which means less time to play, less trips to the park, and less time to nurture my family and myself. So what is the purpose of being home???)

I really, really, really want to spend more time with this:
and this:

And I really, really, really want to be able to have more time to enjoy fun things like this:
and silly things like this:
Therefore, Mairzey Dotes will still be closing our doors on February 10th. I haven't yet decided if it will be for a few months or forever. But I have decided it is necessary. So please continue to stock up on our products and get 40% off with code "thanks" at checkout.

Please note that due to the high volume of orders we are receiving, it may take up to 2 weeks for us to get your items in the mail. Thanks for understanding...thanks for your orders...and most importantly -- thanks for being wonderful customers and friends!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I agree with you that time at home working is not really spending time with the family. That has been one of the most dificult lessons I have had to learn myself. I wish you well in the future.